WHAT WE COLLECT
In order for you to open an account with Yawave and use Services, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, this may include the following:
- personal information (e.g., your name, email and address, phone number, and country of residence)
- your access data such as login and password
- details about inquiries or business transactions you conduct through the Services
- Information about your activity on and interaction with Yawave and the Services, such as your social wave activity, your IP address and device type or browser used
- Communications directed to us (such as when you ask for assistance, send us questions or comments, or tell us about a problem)
- Information you have submitted to Yawave in the form of comments, posts to Social Waves or discussions, or as messages to other users.
This information is not publicly displayed or disclosed to other users:
- any payment information provided to us
- your password details
- your IP address
- communications directed to us (e.g., when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or tell us about a problem)
We do not share your personal information with third parties except as necessary to perform certain services (for example, when working with payment service providers). We expect the third-party service providers we work with to adhere to the same standards we maintain at Yawave.
However, we reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe it is required by law or for law enforcement purposes, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Yawave's legal rights.
WHAT‘S PUBLIC / VISIBLITIES
When you open an account, we create a basic profile for you at Yawave, which includes your account name, date of creation, contact information, and some additional information about your activities. This customer profile is not publicly visible.
Yawave gives you full control over your appearance in the social waves, which is defined in the visibility cards. Yawave gives you the ability to create different visibility cards with different visibility levels - for example, you can create professional visibility cards for business social waves, private visibility cards for your private social waves, and even anonymous visibility cards for social waves where you want to hide your identity.
USES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information you provide to:
- Identify you when you log in to your account,
- provide services to you,
- send you marketing communications that we think you will find useful,
- manage your account with us
- to answer any questions you may have about the Services,
- analyze the use of the Services and our visitors in order to improve our content and services and
- use it for other purposes that we will disclose to you when you request information.
MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are an authorized user of our Services, we will provide you with tools and explain settings to view, correct, delete or change personal information associated with your account.
You can only delete your account if you do not have pending Social Waves as a Wave Owner.
Yawave may delete user accounts if they remain inactive (i.e., not viewed).
We need to analyze the browsing habits of visitors to our platform in order to optimize our services. To this end, we use web analytics methods that store and process usage patterns of users and third parties who visit our websites.
The purpose of collecting and analyzing this data is to allow Yawave to fix bugs and in particular, to be able to optimize our services with respect to the needs of our users. Our web analytics methods also provide us with data about the number of visitors, their temporal distribution, preferred content, times spent on a page, etc.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
If ownership or control of all or part of our Services transfers to a third party, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
LOCATION OF DATA
Yawave databases are primarily maintained in Switzerland.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us.
effective: February 1, 2021